Monday, November 8, 2010

Pressing Toward the Goal


Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 3:12-14

The apostle Paul says that his goal is to know Christ, to be like Christ, and the be all Christ has in mind for him. This goal of absorbs all Paul's energy. This is a helpful example for us. We should not let anything take our eyes off our goal of knowing Christ. With the single-mindedness of an athlete in training, we must lay aside everything harmful and forsake anything that will distract us from being effective and productive in our daily lives. You must ask yourself, what is holding you back? Once you pinpoint what those things are that are holding you back, you must let them go. We all must shake off the things that hinder us. All of us have baggage. Some of us carry baggage around with us for years before we decide to finally let it go. It may be baggage of the past, baggage of habit, baggage of hurt or resentment. It doesn't matter what it is. The point is that it is doing nothing but slowing you down. It is time to let go. Strive forward and attain what God has for you.

God Bless you,

JH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment