Friday, November 25, 2011

Refined by Fire




  See, I have refined you, though not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction. Isaiah 48:10

Do you find it easy to complain when your life becomes complicated or difficult? Why would a loving God allow all kinds of unpleasant experiences to come to his children? This verse shows us plainly that God tests us in the "furnace of affliction." Rather than complain, our response should be to turn to God in faith for the strength to endure, and rejoice in our sufferings (see Romans 5:3; James 1:2-4). For without the testing, we would never know what we are capable of doing, nor would we grow. And without the refining, we will not become more pure and more like Christ. What kinds of adversity are facing today? I pray that you find God working in your circumstances and reach out to him for courage and strength. God Bless you, J.H.

1 comment:

  1. I know that sometimes we have to go through the fire....I hope for now, I am refined for awhile!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment