Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Keep Close


I can count all my bones; people stare and gloat over me. They divide my garments among them and cast lots for my clothing. But you, oh Lord, be not far off; oh my Strength, come quickly to help me. I will declare Your Name to my Brothers; in the congregation, I will praise you.
Psalm 22:17-19, 22
     It is a great insult to human dignity to rob a person of everything, even his clothing, leaving him naked and destitute. Jesus would suffer this humiliating experience on the cross. Most of us will never know the shame and suffering of being penniless and virtually naked in a public place, as many of the Jews experienced during the Nazi Holocaust or even the homeless on the streets of our cities today. But most of us would feel equally exposed and naked when some sin, secret or not, would be uncovered. At that time, we will need to cry out with David, "oh my Strength, come quickly to help me." David would praise God in the congregation, because his private deliverance deserved public testimony. God wonderfully delivers us in the quiet moments when we are hurting, and we must be prepared to offer public praise for His Love.
God Bless you,
J.H.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment