Sunday, July 11, 2010

Rising to the challenge





: Abundance of Herbs...and a challenge.
It takes some imagination to find a herb in my yard these days. When we got back from vacation, the first order of business was to rid our flower beds of purslane. The pineapple weed hasn't recovered from the glyphosate, dandelions are an aquired taste, and plantain weed...it ain't tasty, we just keep it for bee stings and bug bites!
Still, thanks to the unusual spring we have had..we have a second crop of Pine berries!!
What I want to do with this unexpected bounty is mix a handful with fresh garden picked peas and NOT tell the kids!! But the peas aren't ready yet.
I like to use a handful of pineberries in our Veggivore Soup! http://aswesow.blogspot.com/search?q=veggivore
but they are also a welome addition in Dandelion and Purslane salads or in Lamb's quarter greens!
My apologies to Chef Tess...as I obviously do not know how to provide a link...but you can visit Chef tesse's blog by looking up her blog in the blogs I follow, and you can use the search box to find our Veggivore soup!

4 comments:

  1. P.S.
    Chef Tess, surely you can now see how desperate we are for herbs and spices...send some our way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you made me smile! Actually I'm not a mega genius computer geek. I do know that you can go into the html section of a post and paste this where you want it to say my blog : Abundance of Herbs...and a challenge.


    Thanks! Hey, by the way, I've never had pine berries...so that totally counts as an original idea! If you send a picture of it to my email I will have to add you to my winning list. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, looking forward to tasting some of your spices!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment