Friday, March 26, 2010

Change


May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me and I to the world. Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is a new creation.

Galatians 6:17-18

The world is full of enticements. Daily, we are confronted with subtle cultural pressures and overt propaganda. We are constantly told what is "right" or "fun." The only way to escape these destructive influences to ask God to help crucify our interest in them, just as Paul did. Honestly,in the grand scheme of things, how much do the interests of this world really matter to you? It is easy to get caught up with the externals of life, if we are not careful. Beware of those who rationalize their actions and attempt to explain why we should do something that is contrary to the Word of God, with no concern for the inward condition of the heart. Living a good life without an inward change leads to a shallow and empty spiritual walk. What matters to God is that we be completely changed from the inside out.

God Bless you,

J.H

1 comment:

  1. It is a work in progress. I am thankful for his grace and forgiveness. It will be nice to be the person that I am meant to be! With God's helping hand, I am praying he will be able to make me new!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment