Sunday, December 13, 2009

By the Power of the Holy Spirit


"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, in Judea and in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." Acts 1:8 Power from the Holy Spirit is not limited to strength beyond the ordinary - that power also involves courage, boldness, confidence, insight, ability, and authority. The disciples would need all of these gifts to fulfill their mission. If you are a believer in Jesus Christ, you can experience the power of the Holy Spirit in your life. Jesus promised the disciples that they would receive power to witness after they receive the Holy Spirit. Notice the progression: 1) they would receive the Holy Spirit, 2) He would give them power, 3) They would witness with extraordinary results. Often we try to reverse the order and witness by our own power and authority, only to find out that we have very little power and no authority. Witnessing is not showing what we can do for God. Witnessing is telling what God has done for us, pure and simple. Heavenly Father, grant me boldness and courage today to stand up for what I believe. Grant me the grace to proclaim what you have done for me. Let me live by example worthy of your ultimate sacrifice. Allow me to receive your gracious gift that I may never, ever be the same. In Jesus' Name, Amen. God bless you, J.H

2 comments:

Please leave a comment