Thursday, December 17, 2009

When we Pray


And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions. Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days. Joel 2:28-29 The Apostle Peter quoted this passage in Acts 2:16-21; the outpouring of the Spirit predicted by Joel occurred on Pentacost. While in the past, God's Spirit seemed available only to kings, prophets, and judges, Joel envisioned a time when the Spirit would be available to every believer. And that time is now. Ezekiel also spoke of an outpouring of the Spirit in Ezekiel 39:28-29. God's Spirit is available now to anyone who calls on the Lord. God gives us authority here on earth; authority that many believers do not utilize. When we take ahold of that authority, God releases His power to us from heaven. Because it is God's power and not ours, we become the vessel through which His power and Spirit flow. When we pray, we bring that power to bear upon everything we are praying about, and we allow the power of God to work through our powerlessness. When we pray, we are humbling ourselves before God and saying, "I need Your presence and Your power, Lord. I can't do this without You." Pray now, and pray hard. God Bless you, J.H

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment