Thursday, December 17, 2009

Gifts of the Spirit


Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing, to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues. All these are the work of the one and the same Spirit, and He gives them to each just as He determines. 1 Corinthians 12:8-11 Here are the gifts of the Spirit, given to be shared as the beginning for all else that God has for those who open themselves up to be used by Him. All Christians have faith, however, some have the spiritual gift of faith, which is an unusual measure of trust in the Holy Spirit's power. "Prophecy" is not just a prediction about the future; it can also mean preaching God's Word with power. "Distinguishing between spirits" means the ability to discern whether a person who claims to speak for God is actually doing so. No matter what gift or gifts a person has, each gift is given by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit decides which gifts each one of us should have. We are responsible to use and sharpen our gifts, but we can take no credit for what God has freely given us. God bless you, J.H.

3 comments:

  1. I don't like this picture you chose, it is goofy. Sometimes I wonder what gifts I have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, it kind of does! When I look at pictures, they are so tiny. I know there is a better one just like it.
    I chose it because I think musical talent can be a gift...and you got it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, that is sweet! Thanks, I wish I could use it more here, but with everyone being so talented, I feel I do not measure up, or that I am below them on the ladder talent wise!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment