Monday, December 28, 2009

Our Refuge and Strength


He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. Psalm 91:1-2,4

God is a shelter, a refuge when we are afraid. The psalmist's faith in the Almighty God as Protector would carry him through all the dangers and fears of life. This should be a picture of our trust - trading all our fears for faith in Him, no matter how intense our fears. To do this we must "dwell" and "rest" with Him. By entrusting ourselves to His protection and spending time daily in the Word, we will be kept safe. That is a promise you can trust. And you can take that to the bank. Heavenly Father, I thank you for bringing me through another year. For all those reading these words, I ask that you bless them mightily upon the New Year and elevate them in ways that they themselves did not deem possible. Demonstrate your Power and Grace in our lives this year that will enable us to get our eyes off of our circumstances and on to You, the author and perfector of our faith. I thank you for Your overwhelming forgiveness and mercy that will allow us to begin this year free of burden and condemnation from the past, free to enjoy today and look forward to the future with hope. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen. God Bless you, J.H.

2 comments:

Please leave a comment