Saturday, November 21, 2009

The best is yet to come


No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him. I Corinthians 2:9 We cannot imagine all that God has in store for us, both in this life and for eternity. He will create a new heaven and a new earth (Isaiah 65:17), and we will live with Him forever. Until then, his Holy Spirit comforts and guides us. Knowing the wonderful and eternal future that awaits us gives us hope and courage to press on in this life, to endure hardship, and to avoid giving in to temptation. We must pass up that which seems to glitter in this life, but which in reality, is out to rob us of God's best. Then in the end, you will see that God's way is the only true way. This world is not all there is. The best is yet to come. And you can take that to the bank. Heavenly Father, help me to see that there's more to this life than that which I can perceive with my five limited senses. Help me to get my eyes off of myself and my circumstances, and to focus on you and your purpose for my life and the lives of those around me. Help me to resist temptation in whatever form it comes. Help me to maintain a heart of purity and honesty. I thank you, Father, for Your Faithfulness and Mercy. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen. God Bless you, J.H.

1 comment:

Please leave a comment