Monday, November 9, 2009

Grace and mercy


If you return to the Lord, then your brothers and your children will be shown compassion by their captors, and will come back to this land, for the Lord your God is gracious and merciful he. He will not turn his face from you if you return to him. II Chronicles 30:9 Hezekiah was a king dedicated to God and to the spiritual progress of the nation. He sent letters throughout Judah and Israel, urging everyone to return to God. He told them not to be stubborn, but to submit to the Lord. To submit means to obey him first, yielding our bodies, minds, wills, and emotions to Him. His Holy Spirit must guide and renew every part of us. Only then will we be able to temper our stubborn selfishness. As a nation, family, church, or individual, so much depends on the direction we take. Start here - "As for me in my house, we will serve the Lord." Heavenly Father, I ask for a renewed sense of Your presence today. I ask You to touch my body, my mind, my emotions. I ask that you bring me out of my selfishness and open my spiritual eyes so that I may see you working around me, in me, and through me. I thank You that You have not given me the spirit of fear, but of power, of love, and a sound mind. I thank you that the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God, to the pulling down of strongholds, to the casying down of imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God. I ask for a renewed sense of your Presence, so that I may decrease and that You may increase. I thank you for your faithfulness and your guidance. In Jesus' name, Amen. God Bless you, J.H

1 comment:

Please leave a comment