Sunday, November 22, 2009

A place of rest



He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust. Psalm 91:1-2 God is a shelter, a refuge when we are afraid. The writer's faith in the Almighty God as protector would carry him through all the dangers and fears of his life. This should be a picture of our trust - trading all our fears for faith in Him, no matter how intense our fears. To do this we must do "dwell" and "rest" in Him. By entrusting ourselves to His protection and pledging our daily devotion to Him, we will be kept safe. He is both a place to hide and abide. Come in out of the storm and strife of life regularly and meet with God. You will be better equiped to face the world and do His work. God Bless you, J.H.

1 comment:

Please leave a comment