Friday, November 6, 2009

Power and love


For God has not given us the spirit of fear, but a spirit of power, love and a sound mind.

II Timothy 1:7

The apostle Paul mentions three characteristics of the effective Christian leader: power, love, and self-discipline. These are available to us because the Holy Spirit lives in us. Follow His leading each day so that your life will more fully exhibit these characteristics. Turn your fears back with your faith. Whatever measure of faith God has give you, it is enough. It is that seed that is sufficient to move the mountains in your life. Speak to them today, understanding that the power to change your heart and circumstances rests only with the One who gave you life, and life more abundantly. Expect great things today.

Heavenly Father, I ask You to watch over me today. I ask that You remind me of the power that you have given me. I ask that you teach me how to use that power according to Your will. Teach me how to love as You first loved me. Teach me to be calm even when everything around me is swirling out of control. I ask that You grant me peace that surpasses all understanding. I thank You for Your faithfulness and guidance, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

God Bless you,

J.H

2 comments:

Please leave a comment