Saturday, November 14, 2009

God's Nourishment


All you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Buy wine and milk without money and without cost. Why spend money on what is not bread and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare. Give ear and come to me; hear me, that your soul may live.

Isaiah 55:1-3

Food costs money, lasts only a short time, and meets our physical needs. But God offers us free nourishment that feeds our soul. How do we get it? We come, listen, see, and call on God. God's salvation is freely offered, but to nourish our souls, we must eagerly receive it. We will starve spiritually without this food as surely as we will starve physically without daily bread.

Heavenly Father, I thank You for this day. Thank you for your Grace and your Mercy. I thank you for Your Word, and I thank You for the nourishment that it brings my soul. I ask You for a hunger and thirst for Your word that I may read it every day seeking Your guidance and seeking Your face. I ask that you open the eyes of my heart that I may see You moving in the circumstances of my life. When I'm hurting, when I am confused, I ask that You give me Grace to come to You each and every time. I ask for humility, that I would not try to change my circumstances under my own power, but that You remind me to continually go to the source of all Power and of all Love. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

God Bless you,

J.H.

2 comments:

  1. I have just spent the last half hour going through devotions and listening and humming along to my favorite Christian songs. I feel so empowered, so strong, so content and satisfied. God is definately all we need, if we put him first he will definately see us through anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen
    I think too often I spoil my appetite with junk food before I sit down at the table

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment