Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Good Shepherd


"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. The hired hand is not the shepherd who owns the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. I am the good Shepherd; I know my sheep in my sheep know me - just as the Father knows me and I know the Father - and I lay down my life for the sheep."

John 10:11-12, 14

The hired hand tends the sheep for money, while the Shepherd does it for love. The Shepherd owns the sheep and is committed to them. Jesus is not merely doing a job; He is committed to love us, and even lay down His life for us. False teachers and false prophets obviously do not have this commitment. On the cross, Jesus identified Himself with every sin, struggle and crisis of life. In this moment, right now, receive Him as a cure for every problem and you may go free forever. Heavenly Father, I ask for salvation for everyone and liberation from every hurt and habit that may be harassing them. In Jesus' precious name, Amen.

God Bless you,

J.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment