Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Psalm 23


The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me, your rod and your staff, they comfort me. Psalm 23:1-4

This often-quoted passage of Scripture is full of God's promises. If you follow Jesus, He promises you will be content right where you are. In the midst of turmoil, he promises Peace. He promises you food to eat (green pastures) and water to drink (quiet waters). He promises you direction as you walk the path of purpose in your life, fulfilling the destiny that He gave you. And while He does not promise to control every circumstance or keep you from going through some stuff in life, He does promise to be with you every step of the way. Who are you following today? God Bless you, J.H.

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't to sure you would. It may not be the best photo to illustrate 'beside still waters'

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment