Monday, February 8, 2010

Peace


My heart is steadfast, oh God, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music. Awake, my soul!

Psalm 57:7

David's firm faith in God contrasted sharply with his enemies loud lying and boasting. When confronted with verbal attacks, the best defense is simply to be quiet and praise God, realizing that our confidence is in His love and faithfulness. In times of great suffering, don't turn inward to self-pity or outward to revenge, but upward to God. It's a great day in our lives when our hearts are right with God and our minds are at peace. Out of this experience will come joy unspeakable. It can happen today as we invite the Prince of peace in. "My peace I give unto you." Heavenly Father, I pray for peace that surpasses all understanding for everyone reading this right now. I pray for the ability to make wise choices today about things that concern themselves and their loved ones. I pray that You would speak to their hearts and remove all doubt, worry, and condemnation. I pray You would be with us to comfort us and that we would honor You with our lives today. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

God Bless you,

J.H.

1 comment:

Please leave a comment