Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Build on the Rock


Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.

Matthew 7:24-27

To build "on the rock" means to be a hearing, responding disciple of Jesus, not a phony, superficial one. Practicing obedience becomes the solid foundation that is able to weather the storms of life. Like a house of cards, the fool's life will eventually crumble. Most people do not deliberately seek to build on an inferior foundation, instead, they just don't think about their life's true purpose. Many people are headed down the wrong path, not out of stubborness but out of thoughtlessness. Part of our responsibility as believers is to help others stop and think about where their lives are headed and to point out the consequences of ignoring Christ's message.

Heavenly Father, I thank you for this day. Thank you for providing an immovable foundation in my life. Thank you for bringing me out of the valley of darkness and setting me upon a the mountaintop of righteousness. I pray that you guide me down the path that You would have me go. Give me a discerning heart that I may sense your presence in all things and in all places. Allow me to make right decisions today based upon Your Will. Allow me to shine a light for those who don't know You as they should. Give me the wisdom to know when and how to act in order to lead more into your Kingdom. I pray this in Jesus' name. Amen.

God Bless you,

J.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment