Monday, January 25, 2010

Cry to the Lord


I cry aloud to the Lord; I lift up my voice to the Lord for mercy. I pour out my complaint before Him; before Him, I tell my trouble. When my spirit goes faint within me, it is You who know my way. I cry to You, oh Lord; I say, "You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living." Listen to my cry, for I have been desperate need. Psalm 142:1-3,5-6

Have you ever felt that no one cared what happened to you? David had good reason to feel that way, and he wrote, "I cry to you, oh Lord." Through prayer, we can pull of our tailspin and be reminded that God cares for us deeply. Forget all the formalities and just tell God how you feel. Nor do you need to keep checking to see whether or not you got through. "My ear is not heavy that it cannot hear." Jesus said, "If you shall ask anything in my name, I will do it." Remember that our feelings do not tell us the truth about God. We may feel as if things are crashing down around us; we may feel as if God is 1000 miles away, but the Bible tells us, "I shall never leave you, nor forsake you." We have to believe what the Bible says; simply believe. Therein lies the peace that surpasses all understanding. God Bless you, J.H.

1 comment:

Please leave a comment