Monday, January 18, 2010

Pursue God



Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. Matthew 7:7-8

Jesus tells us to persist in pursuing God. People often give up after a few halfhearted efforts and conclude that God cannot be found. But knowing God takes faith, focus, and follow-through, and Jesus assures us that we will be rewarded. Don't give up in your efforts to seek God. Continue to ask Him for more knowledge, patience, wisdom, love, and understanding. He will give them to you. That's His promise. Heavely Father, I thank you for this day. I pray that you would watch over my family and I today. Grant me wisdom and strength to make wise choices. Allow me to see your presence around me in all circumstances and to remain in your Word. Prevent me from becoming selfish and overly concerned about things that are out of my control. Give me the grace to acknowledge that you are with me, even at times when I feel completely alone. Allow me to stand on the promise, "I shall never leave you, nor forsake you." In Jesus name, I pray. Amen. God Bless you, J.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment