Thursday, January 21, 2010

When Two or Three are Gathered


Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them. Matthew 18:19-20

Jesus looked ahead to a new day when he would be present with his followers not in body, but through his Holy Spirit. In the body of believers (the church), the sincere agreement of two people is more powerful than the superficial agreement of thousands, because Christ's Holy Spirit is with them. Two or more believers, filled with the Holy Spirit, will pray according to God's will, not their own; thus, the requests will be granted. Heavenly Father, I thank you Lord for this day. I thank you for watching over us and protecting us. I thank you for your grace and your mercy. I thank you for your forgiveness. Lord, I ask for you to increase my faith today, in order to seek out other believers and pray in accordance to Your will. I pray for those of us who are linked through the reading of this passage, that they may come together in unity and pray for our needs as well as well as the needs of others. I pray that You would be with us and hold us to account for the lives that we lead and the light that we shine within this dark and depraved world. I pray that you remove any excuses about why we are not able to do the things You ask us to do. I ask that you provide us with the grace, wisdom, discernment and strength to do Your will in our lives that we may fulfill our purpose today. In the precious name of Jesus I pray, Amen. God Bless you, J.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment