Sunday, January 31, 2010

Favor and Honor


For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly.

Psalm 84:11

God does not promise to give us everything we think is good, but He will not withhold what is permanently good. He will give us the means to walk along His paths, but we must do the walking. When we obey Him, He will not hold anything back that will help us serve Him. God is for us having the good things. We need to get our priorities in order so that we can have them. Obedience is a tricky thing. The motivation behind our obedience is of paramount importance. If we obey the will of God, because of what we hope to be blessed with, our motivation is all wrong. If we obey the will of God out of our love and devotion for Him, our motivation is true. So our priorities are one thing, and our motivation is something else; and we need to pay attention to both. Heavenly Father, I thank You Lord for this day. I thank You for Your grace in Your mercy. I thank You for Your ever-loving kindness. I thank You for watching over us and protecting us. I pray today that you would help us get our priorities straight and centered on You. I pray that we would be able to discern Your will for this day, this week, this month, this year. I pray that our motivation is true. I pray that we would act in devotion to what You have already done in our lives, not because of something we yet hope to receive. I pray for contentedness, right now in the name of Jesus. I thank You and praise You, in Jesus' name. Amen.

God Bless you,

J.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment